Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sometimes I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

I've almost let another two months go by without writing. Time is nothing here. I feel like I must fall asleep sometimes wearing sparkling, red shoes, only to wake up in a completely different week or month. My weeks go from Monday to Friday without blinking, and the weekends are filled with friends and usually some random adventure that makes Sunday night come just as quickly as the last.

The summer has come, and I spend most of my weeknights wondering how much my air conditioning will cost since it's incessantly running. On...off..on...off...on....sleep. That's how it goes. I remember a few months back when I refused to believe the weather would ever change from cold. Supposedly the rainy season was supposed to start the past couple weekends, but luckily it was sunny today which gave me brief memories of being at the beach and sitting outside in the sun. My countdown has begun, however, and Mudfest is right around the corner along with a trip to England and then a trip to somewhere in the southern parts of Korea.

Well, I realize this is short but it's late here, and since I've grown accustomed to sleeping until as late as possible every morning and making it to work barely on time, I should probably get some sleep in an attempt to change my stubborn ways. Hopefully, I'll write again soon as I have a lot to say and will undoubtedly have more by the end of the month.

"Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering." --Ida Scott Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment