Monday, May 3, 2010

"Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be.”

I realized I didn't write a single blog last month. April was amazing, and above all other things, I surpassed my halfway point in Korea. I hung out with some really interesting and great people (as well as my share of uninteresting and not-so-great ones), some who've already come and gone, others who will be leaving soon and some who I've just started to form long lasting friendships with.

 I'm sitting here listening to my newest playlist (a random mix of house, dance and a few indie songs... a playlist I'd never compose for myself but I actually like it) named after one of the new friends I met. He said, "You're living your dream life here." At first I questioned this statement, but after thinking about it for a while, I realized he was right. I'm 23 and doing everything any typical 23 year old would love to be doing... meeting new people, traveling, partying, making money and living for free away from home.

Anyway, everyone asks me what I'm doing when I leave here. Quite frankly... I have no idea. I know I'm going to Europe for about a month, which will probably fly by. Then, I'm thinking about going to Illinois... kidnapping Troy's car, wherever that may be. Then, possibly taking a road trip to Canada to visit some friends... (why not?)... stopping to see my MN friends along the way... then traveling back down to Georgia for a while. If I'm broke by that point and still haven't found a job, I think I'm going to just come back here for another year... or find somewere else to go. I may get my TESOL certificate along the way.

I'm not sure. Before I got here, I was so ready to just settle... set up my life and live the rest of my life in one place. Now... I know I want that eventually, but I'm still determining if it's sooner rather than later or not. I want to make amazing stories while I can. Ya know?

Anyway, I feel like I need to start planning another short trip away soon. We booked Mudfest, I'm looking forward to that. DJ Fest is this weekend, that should be fun. But where to go for summer break... we shall see...

"If you want something, don't wish for it. Life is too short to wait." --Stephen Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment